Asp net objectdatasource not updating

10-May-2019 04:50 by 4 Comments

Asp net objectdatasource not updating - online dating for aurora

On page load, the Object Data Source will take the default parameters from the Drop Down List and Query String, but problems comes when we want to click Search Button to get the changed values of the Drop Down List or the Query String without posting the page again.Generally to refresh the data of Object Data Source you often write Object Data Source1. But hold on this is only good if you want to see the changed data from the database or Rebind the Object Data Source, but this will not pass the current value from the controls or query string as a parameter to the database Query or Procedure.

Hi beemer, Please, disregard my previous post - it was meant for another customer.

Okay, so I have a Rad Grid that is being filled with data. I click the edit column, change a record, and hit update. It's probably something that tired eyes are merely overlooking.

It posts back to the page, and goes back to the radgrid, only the update didn't happen. My first assumption was that I forgot to set it up so that radgrid would refresh, so I check the data table in the SQL database, only to find that the update simply didn't happen, so... I check the Object Data Source; yup, all parameters exist. I check the SQL to make sure the update is correct. So in essence, all my code is correct, it's Radgrid that is not working. I think I lost a little more of my hair over this one.. With regards to your first question, if you need to put a given item into Edit Mode, you should be accomplishing this in the On Pre Render event in the way you are trying to.

======== Object Data Source 'Movie Details' could not find a non-generic method 'Update Movies' that has parameters: movie Name, Release Date, synopsis, rating, language, film Color, rating ID, location City, location Country, category ID, film Company, movie ID, editor Review, original_movie ID ========================== I am not new to working with the object datasource control in but this has got me stumped.

I gather for some reason the objectdatasource is not finding the method "Update Movies" with the identified signature above, but when I call on that method programatically, the signature is similar to what the error message is claimng it cannot find.

It doesn't seem to be able to perform the Update of the re-ordered list.

I am using the DAL-BLL method as described in the datatutorials and my BLL delete method checks there are no associated items before deleting so I would like to use it for this control.All the best, Tsvetoslav the Telerik team Browse the vast support resources we have to jumpstart your development with Rad Controls for ASP. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in Share Point 2007/2010 visiting our common Share Point portal.Hi, SQL Table Definition ------------------------------------------- CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Product_Section]( [No_Product_Section] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL, [No_Product] [int] NOT NULL, [No_Category] [int] NULL, [No_Technology] [int] NULL, [ZOrder] [int] NULL CONSTRAINT [DF_Product_Section_ZOrder] DEFAULT ((1)), CONSTRAINT [PK_Product_Section] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED ( [No_Product_Section] ASC )WITH (PAD_INDEX = OFF, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF) ON [PRIMARY] ) ON [PRIMARY] Update Order SQL Query (defined in the data acess layer and obj Product Section) -------------------------------------------------- UPDATE Product_Section SET ZOrder = @ZOrder WHERE (No_Product_Section = @Original_No_Product_Section) C# Coding --------------------------------------------------------- I've defined all required fields for the reorderlist (to my knowledge).I have a middle tier object set up which contains my Strongly Typed Dataset (dst Customers) from the local SQL Server North Wind DB. Execute SQLNon Query(Sql Connection1, Sql Data Adapter1, dst) Catch ex As Exception Throw ex Finally Sql Data Adapter1. When setting the reference, the website automatically brought in the middle tier object which contains the strongly typed dataset and the DAL inside the \bin directory. Here are the pertinent properties of the Object Data Source: ID: Object Data Source1 Data Object Type Name: Strongly Typed Data Customers - the properties description says the following: "Specifies a type that can be constructed for Update, Insert, and Delete operations when the method takes this type rather than having one parameter for each property" Select Method: Get Customers Delete Method: Update Customers Insert Method: Update Customers Update Method: Update Customers Typename: Strongly Typed Data Sets.I also have another middle tier object set up which contains my business methods. Get SQLData(Sql Connection1, Sql Data Adapter1, dst) Catch ex As Exception Throw ex Finally Sql Data Adapter1. I have the following properties set up on my Object Data Source from my aspx page: Object Data Source1 is the name of my Object Data Source. Component1 - this is the name of my middle tier class that contains the methods.The problem seem to be with the "Object Data Source", for some reason it works fine with an SQLData Source but when I change it to an Object Data Source (with the exact same sql and commands), it does not update. To be sure I created an mdf datebase and a table like the one from Code Plex Sample Web Site.